Click here to start Ordering...

 

Winter in Australia

I’ve just returned from Australia. The weather was similar to here, but actually cooler in the evenings and it being their winter I took my wool wrap and Ugg boots. They don’t do central heating but most places have air con systems that reverse air which is thankfully hot. In other places, there were no heaters and I wore my wrap in bed.

I was reminded of my college days when I didn’t have enough money for the meter to keep the flat warm and we used cling film (it’s called 'Glad Wrap' in Oz) over the windows to keep out the draughts. Also we didn’t need a fridge either as our milk used to freeze on the table!

Thankfully most days in the north of Australia are around 25 degrees, so I soon warmed up. There is generally a lot of interest in Bowtech Supplies and seeing that the exchange rate is good for export we are setting up a shopping page - so look out for the Aussie flag in the shopping area soon.

Saturday 9 July 2011

2 Comments:

At 21 July 2011 at 21:26 , Anonymous Judith said...

I am very envious of the warm weather - pouring with rain here. Just watched great movie with the gorgeous Hugh Jackman, Australia. Anyone seen it?

 
At 3 August 2011 at 02:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some time ago I read an article on Bowen Technique in the autumn 2009 edition of embody. This was so interesting, it inspired me to look further into this therapy. I enrolled with City Lit in Covent Garden for a 4 week introductory course. I was not expecting to get anything out of it for myself, but Helen wanted all of us students to experience the therapy for ourselves. Well, I was amazed - the slight back ache that I had been having since my last pregnancy 10 years ago has gone. Not only that, I don't 'sway' when I walk any more. I can also get up from kneeling without holding onto anything. Helen also addressed my restless leg syndrome. I put this to the test by drinking a Pepsi - it worked.

I decided to order the book 'The Bowen Technique - The Inside Story' by John Wilks, from Helen. Being one to always take care of my books, I brought along a book protector. It already had a magazine in, so I thought I'd have another read of it on the way to the class. It was none other than the embody magazine with the Bowtech article. Not only that, it was Helen that wrote the article!

All I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed the class - not just the remedial moves on myself, but the actual class as well. I have nearly read the book and am planning to complete the full Bowtech course. Sandra Cook, London

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home