Click here to start Ordering...

 

Grumpy travelling

Rather than drive to attend a training module, I decided to take the train. I’ve become used to having my own private world in a car – radio, music or silence, and stopping where I wish. With soaring prices at the pump, it seemed the sensible option to go by rail.
Armed with my book and laptop, I settled down to read and study.  I had forgotten about my fellow passengers each with their own agenda. I had to endure noisy iPods or conversations on mobile phones. Do people like to hear their own voice? And why are they raised… is it to highlight their own importance and ensure the whole carriage gets the message that they are well deserving?
At my hotel I was woken at 3am by screaming and laugher from nightclub revellers. Clip clopping overhead in high heels, the lift seemingly going up and down all night long was another blow to consideration for others. Perhaps carpet might be the answer?
Returned home in the quiet coach and guess what? One man kept pacing out of the carriage every 10 minutes to talk loudly on his mobile in the vestibule as, gosh, he had forgotten where he was sitting and it was vital that he take the call. Not to mention the other people who had forgotten to switch their ringing or texting tones to silence. Have we forgotten that quietness and stillness has its place too? 

Wednesday 6 April 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home