Click here to start Ordering...

 

Complementary Therapy

Variety is the spice of life, so they say! Certainly in terms of clients I have a wide variety, some come along for one or two sessions, never to be seen again and others have a regular maintenance treatment every fortnight or even monthly. I even have a couple who come along every six months or so for a check-up, a bit like an MOT! I’m a firm believer that once a person feels they are better from Bowen or another complementary therapy, then they either no longer require any help or they can just telephone when the need arises.
It is just the same with my online shop. I have customers that feel better from using one or two products and recommend me to their friends while professional therapists buy regularly for their own clientele. 
I do like a chat when my client first arrives. This helps to set the scene by letting me know how they have coped and felt from the last session and any current aches and pains. It is important that I address those areas, but also to apply other moves that may assist directly or indirectly. I still remember a man who had a terrible shoulder problem that seemed not to improve despite several sessions on the neck and shoulder area. I then worked on the pelvis only to be told a week later that his original pain had gone – phew.  
Complementary medicine has now become more widely accepted. If it makes one feel good, whether it’s a therapy session, exercise or a supplement, in our busy lives, it’s no bad thing.   

Friday 29 October 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home