Click here to start Ordering...

 

Autumn


This week there has been a cold nip in the air early in the mornings and as the sun goes down. Always at this time of the year, it is only a matter of a few weeks when sandals will have to be replaced with boots and coats will have to be worn over wraps and layers. It is also a time when I look at my wardrobe for a cull and decide what colour I want to wear for winter. I had my season and style revealed for me a few years ago by a consultant with the House of Colour www.houseofcolour.co.uk I discovered I was an autumn – not surprising as I do love this time of the year in my garden, raking up all the colourful leaves and tidying it up for the long dormant months ahead.

The fashion is great again I feel, with the return of dresses – so feminine. I’m not so keen about the high heels and I have had a few casualties where clients have literally ‘fallen off’ their heels. Twisted ankles, stubbed toes and plantar fasciitis which is torn fascia on the sole of the foot – very painful and all taking quite a few months to get better, especially if the person re-offends!

I wonder if I am turning into an old wise granny before my time when I look at the flat pumps worn by the youngsters, thinking of the lack of support their shoes are giving them or the fact that they may already have an uneven gait from hip imbalances creating pronation of the feet, fallen arches, and heel spurs. Similarly, the posture of the top heavy chest that hovers over the high heels to balance and prevent topple. I sigh and hand out sachets of Bowtech crystals - so soothing for aching and swollen feet - leaflets about the Bowen Technique  www.bowtech.com  that I offer to help correct their alignment – the website address of my cousin in the USA www.watkinsfootcentre.com who explains about these podiatry terms – and I rarely mention the platform shoes I used to wear…   







 
 

Monday 20 September 2010

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home